Thursday, January 13, 2005

It can't be right, can it?

It’s a depressing state of affairs when someone can be sacked for blogging. And given that it’s someone who by his own account does it in his own time and failed to be approached for a quiet word before disciplinary action being taken is troubling.

Of course I don’t know all the details, having only his side of the story on his blog. But given that work only forms a small part of his blog it does seem excessive. It also bothers me that it was one of my favourite bookstores which did this, Waterstone’s, where the blogger worked for 11 years. That’s shame because the store in Malet Street has a really good selection and it would be a shame to boycott it.

Then again, when was the last time I bought a book?! Usually I get review copies.

Ah – but what do I do with my Waterstone’s book tokens I got for Christmas? Hmm, I may have to forego them for CDs and DVDs down at HMV…

No comments: