Friday, November 26, 2004

Reviewing ambition

So just sent off my first book review in awhile. It was on a pretty dry subject, especially if you’re not into political science. Hopefully it should appear at the Latin American Review of Books soon enough. I found Latamrob as it seems to be called through the bulletin boards at the Institute. The chap who runs it is an academic over at Queen Mary. Knowing I’m studing politics he sent me David Samuels’ book, Ambition, Federalism and Legislative Politics in Brazil to cover. I hope he likes it.

I need to get back into the habit of writing. Since the project on Sao Paulo ended at the beginning of the month I’ve been getting out of practice at regular scribbling. With the Christmas break just around the corner I must get started again.

No comments: