Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Remembering Brad

Last night when I came in I got to watch that 'classic', Rocky II. Perhaps I missed something, but it looked suspiciously like the first one, but with Stallone looking even more bloody by the end of it.

Fifteen rounds, almost all of which Sly's face was used as a punch bag. And yet he still remains the last man standing. Truly, he is the Brad Gilbert of screen boxing fame (Gilbert being a mediocre tennis player who stayed at the top of the game for several years by tailoring his game to that of his opponents and winning 'ugly').

A shame then, to find that my Brazilian football team, can't even manage that. Losing 2-0, Flamengo are now rooted at the bottom of the league table. Oh, the shame, the ignomy! But I haven't yet read the rules yet and there may be some convoluted way to avoid relegation, which usually happens each time a large club fails to deliver.

1 comment:

parvina said...


Your article is very helpful. you can visit my website.
xe currency - conversor e dinheiro transferĂȘncias apk