Friday, May 14, 2004

On the stump

I mentioned I'd been out surveying last night. We took advantage of the warm early summer evening to do a spot of campaign work around the back of Roman Road, between St Stephens and Libra Roads. We got back quite a few surveys, but it was occasionally a tough crowd:

"Hello, I'm calling on behalf of the Liberal Democrats. We're doing a residents' survey..."

Cue hard stare. Frown. "Not interested." Door closes.

Oh well.

Tomorrow I have to be in Barking at the evil time of 9 in the morning to accompany Sarah Ludford, our top European Parliament candidate, around the market. Bang goes my thoughts of a late Friday session then.

And then it will be over to Bethnal Green where we'll be doing some leafletting from 2pm outside the tube station (just in case anyone wants to join us).

Four weeks to go...

No comments: